2016 One-to-One Camp
I thought it might be useful to use a web page for camp info, you'll see a comments box below too. This is a good way for us to share info everyone needs.
- All DBS checks for parents are working their way through the system. We have a number to come back yet so please keep your fingers crossed they get processed in time. Some of the ones submitted by me last week took only 48 hours so now the bank holidat is out of the way I hope to see some progress.
- Please remember to bring or email your health form.
- THURSDAY 7:00 - 7:30 we need help please. We will have to get quite a few tents from the Scout HQ to Willesley. Can you help with a large car, van or trailer - please let me know in the comments or via email or phone. 7:30-9:00 at Willesley to pitch the group tents and own tent too. All hands welcome please.
- SATURDAY 8:00 - 8:15 to manage the traffic groups have a staggered arrival time. We should try to car share and arrive in this timeslot. We are on the far corner at the top of the big field. If you can car share please do so. You must display your name, contact number and group (4th Ashby) in the car please.
- SUNDAY 5th JUNE - 12:30 Whilst the camp finishes around 12:30 your help in returning kit to the Scout HQ would be really appreciated, especially if you have access to a van or trailer! (I may be required to go to work on Sunday so the sooner I can get things packed up and away the better, thanks)
Things you should bring
- Beaver uniform
- Clothing for activities, and a change
- Raincoat and sunhat/creme
- Sleeping bags, mats etc - nightwear useful. Washkit, torches
- (Plastic/Tin) plates, mugs and bowls and a knife, fork and spoon.
- A drinks bottle you can refill through the day
- Money for the tuckshop / charity cake stand
- Camping chairs (we are short of these/benches)
- Anything to make camp life easier...!
- Please see GO Outdoors extra 10% discount off - http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/online-scout-manager-parent-coupon - should you need anything new.
As you may be aware "Dolphin" has had to step back from organising the camp so your help before and during the event would be much appreciated. We could use some "other halfs" to assist at mealtimes - please let me know how you can help. STILL NEED TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE ON THIS PLEASE.
Speaking fo which, we aim to provide:
- Lunch on saturday - rolls with a selection of fillings, crisps, fruit etc.
- Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese with a vegetarian alternative followed by cake and custard
- Supper - soup, biscuits, hot chocolate etc
- Sunday breakfast - full English with alternatives to choose if preferred and a number of cereals to choose from.
- Tea and coffee will be available for adults to make throughout, squash is available to help yourselves.
Any questions, comments or queries please get in touch below of directly with myself or the beaver leader team.
Answers to questions:
- Drinking water and showers/washing facilities are available
- Electricity is not easily available for campers
- Alcohol is not permitted on camp
- We will have a campfire, though firewood is a little low on site.