Youth Membership of 4th Ashby Scout Group is at the discretion of the Group Scout Leader (as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR))
At 4th Ashby we will:
- admit young people whose ages match those prescribed in POR subject to the limits on size. The Scout Association has not defined a maximum size for Troops but due to the size of our hall we cannot accept more than 36 young people.
- record interest for places over and above these numbers and, whilst maintaining contact with the parents of these children, endeavour to allocate places based on
- the age of the child
- the willingness of parents to offer regular support to the section
- the length of time they have been on the list
- Requests for places must be made via our online form or a paper equivalent from a section leader.
- Transfers from other groups will be given serious consideration, including temporarily increasing the maximum size of the section.
- Membership is subject to payment of the monthly membership fee, by Direct Debit.
- Payment shall commence at the start of the month following the investiture of the member
- There is no charge to try (i.e. sessions prior to investiture).
- Section leaders shall aim to complete all investitures within 4 weeks of joining.
- Cases of financial hardship shall be made to the Group Scout Leader who will discuss some partial reduction for a set period of time before a review of circumstances is made.
- Membership is fully open to all young people aged between 5 3/4 and 18. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
- Membership is subject to completion of a full membership form (available from a section leader or online). Trial membership requires a smaller form to be completed.
- Membership requires a uniform.
Issued: April 2019