If any member is struggling please ask to speak to the Group Scout Leader, in complete confidence, to clarify whether you are eligible for assistance. 4th Ashby tries to help in emergencies and the Scout Association has its own benevolent policy (briefly outlined below).
4th Ashby Benevolent Grants
- Evidence will be required
- Any Grants given will be monitored every 3 months
- The GSL must write an email to the Treasurer outlining the areas of payment needed. This will then be counter signed by the Treasurer.
- No money will be given to the scout or parent directly, it will come out of the group accounts to fund the specified activity.
Grant types to include
- Membership Fees (3-month period unless agreed differently with GSL)
- 1 week or 1 weekend camp (UK based only)
Scout Association Benevolent Policy
The full guidelines can be found on the Scout Association website. The fund was created to ‘support members, individuals and Groups, focusing on areas of community development, particularly new Groups in areas of deprivation.’ It helps support:
- camp or event fees
- the purchase of uniforms
- costs to undertake Scouting
Please note the Scout Association will not fund membership fees.
Issued : April 2019