It is 4th Ashby policy that all events and camps should aim to cover their costs. There should be no significant profit or loss.
The leaders must ensure that
- Events are planned and costed prior to bookings being taken. Assistance can be given with this by the GSL and treasurer.
- Events and budgets should be prepared and agreed with GSL BEFORE the fee for any event is taken
- Budgets which span financial years for special events must be discussed, with the Treasurer and GSL, to identify cash flow requirements across financial years
- Actual ‘v’ Budget variance is monitored and that significant variances are explained and raised with the GSL
- Budgets are reviewed at the end of the event
- Full receipts to be drawn up and passed to Treasurer as soon as possible after events. This should identify income received and expenditure.
- Any surplus or deficit money from events will be managed by the Group
- An event with a budget greater than £5000 must submit greater financial information/planning and progress will be regularly monitored by Leader, GSL & Treasurer
- Gift Aid – remember this type of activity cannot be gift aided
- A financial statement for camp and activities, showing the budgeted expenses versus actual expenses should be prepared by the Treasurer at least three times a year and then reviewed by the Executive Committee
If any help is required with any part of this process, then please contact the treasurer or GSL.
Issued: May 2019