4th Ashby Group will only make investment decisions with the approval of the Executive Committee and the Trustees.
Trustees have an obligation to
- Try to secure the best financial return (within the appropriate level of risk) for the charity’s money
- Decide how money is to be spent fulfilling the documented charity’s aims.
- take advice, selecting the right investments and communicating their decisions to the group
Investment decisions can include, but is not limited to,
- Purchase of land, property
- Moving of bank and monetary assets
- Selling of existing or purchase of new, large assets
- At the start of the year (as part of the budgeting process), 4th Ashby Group must identify expenditure areas that the whole group is moving towards.
- Any monetary needs/risks should be identified at the start of the year and monitored throughout the year.
- If investment is needed, then the Group will follow the guidelines given by the Charity Commission and the Scout Association.
Issued: May 2019